Residence Certificate is a Most Important Document. It is also Known as Domicile Certificate. So, In this article, we will know “How to Apply Residence Certificate Online and Offline. In this article, we have discussed the Complete Process, Uses, Required Documents, Application Process, Fee and Much More. So, Read this article to know Something New.
What is Residence Certificate?
A Residence Certificate is an Address Proof of a Person, that he/she is Living in a Village, District, State. This Certificate is Issued By the Local RI and Tahasildar. It is also Known as Domicile Certificate.
Uses Of Residence Certificate
A Residence/Domicile Certificate is used in too many areas. It usually used in Schools, Colleges, Government Organizations to Verify the Identity and Proof of Address to Reserved a Special Quota. So, Let’s Know Other Uses of Domicile Certificate.
- Apply for Resident Reservation Quota in the Government Sector.
- It also Used to Obtain Admissions in Educational Institutions.
- It is also used to applying or claim for a Ration Card.
- Applying for a New Passport and Visa.
- The Residence Certificate also used as Proof of Your Permanent Residency.
So, Friends, These are the Best Used of a Residence/Domicile Certificate. Because They need accurate details to verify you. The RI & Tahasildar is already done the Verification Work. So, The Organization(Public, Private, Govt) Don’t need to Worry About that.
Complete Guide to Apply Residence Certificate Online
These are the Basic Criteria to Apply a Resident/Domicile Certificate in Odisha. If you have fulfilled the
- The Individual Person Should be a Permanent Resident of the Particular Area. Where he/she is Living from Last One Year.
- The applicant must have to produce a copy of Record of Rights (RoR) of the residential plot owned by him, his parent’s or grandparent.
- If a Woman belonging to Another State is also eligible if married to a permanent resident of the applying state. So, this is a great benefit for women.
- Copy of ROR
- Proof of Identity (Aadhar Card / Voter ID / PAN Card / Passport etc.)
- Proof of Residence (Electricity Bill / Telephone Bill / Land agreement with house owner / Bank passbook / Driving Licence / Educational certificate, etc.)
- For Proof of Age (Pan Card / Educational certificate / Driving License)
- Land passbook
- Latest Pauti or Known as Khazana.
Residence Certificate Application Process
Online Application Process
Step 1: To apply online for the Odisha Residence certificate, First You Need to Visit its official website E-District Odisha.
Step 2: Click ‘Services‘ Form the Home Page. After that a New Page Will Open in Your Browsers Window.
Step 3: Select “Issuance of Residence certificate” from the list of certificates. After that Click the ‘Click‘ Button to Apply Residence Certificate Online.
Step 4: After that a New Page Will Open, Fill All the Details that are Mentioned below in this Page. After that, Verify all the Details you have filled in the Form. If the Form Details is Okay.
Then, Click Submit to Submit Your Application Online. So, This is the Online Process to Apply Residence Certificate Online. So, Let’s know the Offline Process to Apply Domicile Certificate Offline.
- Personal Information
- Parent’s Information
- Spouse Information
- Contact Information
- Present Address
- Permanent Address
- Submitter details
- Land Records Details
- Plot details
Offline Application Process
Step 1: Go to Your Nearest CSC(Common Service Center) Center and Ask them to Give a “Residence Application Form”. After that, Fill the Form. The, Attach all the Necessary Documents.
Step 2: Submit the Application Form to that Operator and Pay the Application Fee. After that, You Will Get a Receipt. You can Check the Application Status Online.
Step 3: After Approval of Your Application. You will Get a New Resident Certificate from the CSC Center. So, this is the Offline Process.
Download Application Form
To Download Residence Certificate Application Form. Follow These Steps to Download Domicile Certificate Application Form Online for Free.
- Step 1: Go to Edistrict Odisha Official Website (or) Click Here
- Step 2: Click Application Forms in the Quick Links Menu. After that, a New Window will Open on Your Browser.
- Step 3: In the Download Application Forms Box. Select Which Certificate Form you want to Download.
- Step 4: Select the ‘Click‘ Button to Download Application Form.
Also Check: Bhulekh Odisha : Check Land Records Online
When you applied a Certificate Online. If your Documents is All Right and All things are Okay. Then, It will Be Approved Within 15 Days as the Edistrict Odisha Portal Normal Process.
Similarly, If you want to get your Online Certificate Quick. Then, You need to Contact your Local RI and Tahasil Office for Faster Approval. But, The Normal Processing Time is 15 Day as per the Official Rule.
|The Government fees and User charges||Rs.30.00|
|Certificate Output Charges||Rs. 10.00|
|Printing Charges||Rs. 10.00|
|Service Charges of the kiosk Operator||Rs. 8.00|
|Scanning Charges||Rs. 5.00|
|DeGS charges||Rs. 2.00|
Normally, The Validity of the Resident Certificate or Domicile Certificate is 6 Month. It Depends upon which state the Applicant is Belonging. In Odisha, the Residence Certificate Validity is 6 Month.
You Can Check the Application Status in 3 Methods,
- Through SMS – When You Submit Your Application to The CSC Operator. You will Get Regular Update of Your Application.
- Online – You Can Track Your Application Online on their Official Website. The Total Process is Given Below.
- Visit CSC (Common Service Centre) – Contact Your Nearest CSC Centre to Get the Latest Information of your Application.
Check Residence Certificate Application Status Online
Step 1: Open Your Web Browser and Go to the edistrictodisha.gov.in Website and Click ‘Application Status‘.
Step 2: After that, A New Windows will open on your web browser. Enter the Residence Certificate Reference ID Received by SMS or From the CSC Receipt. and Click ‘Search‘ to Check The Latest Status of Domicile Application.
So, This is the Online Process to Check Status of Residence/Domicile Certificate Application Status. So, Let’s know how to Verify Certificate.
Verify Residence Certificate Online
To Verify Edistrict Odisha Residence/Domicile Certificate. Go to edistrictodisha.gov.in. Click ‘Certificate Verification‘.
After Clicking the ‘Certificate Verification’, A New Windows will Open Like this.
Enter Your Residence Certificate Barcode Number in the Certificate Verification Text Box. After that, Click “Search” to Verify Your Certificate Online. So, This is the Easiest Way to Verify Domicile or Resident Certificate Online. So, Friends, This Process will help you to check the Certificate is Original or Duplicate.
In Conclusion, In this Article, We know the Complete Process to Apply Residence/Domicile Certificate Online in Odisha. We Have Discussed the Full Online and Offline Method.
After that, We know the Required Documents, Eligibility, Processing Time, Validity, Application Fee, Status Check, Verify Certificate. If you have any query or question please don’t forget to write down below.